Jamie moved into coaching after leaving University, working at both Leeds University and Sheffield Hallam University, leading the latter to their maiden British university championship as Head Coach. Coaching part time enabled him to train full time and chase the dream of representing Scotland at a home Commonwealth Games. He achieved this dream in 2014 playing for Scotland in the Glasgow Games and has also played in 3 European Championships, winning the “GK of the Tournament” Award in 2013. Giving 13 years to international hockey, earning 50 Senior Caps for Scotland, he is now embarking on a new mission coaching and helping others achieve their dreams while still playing hockey at Beeston Hockey Club.
Jamie works for a large coaching company, helping to run camps and working with a variety of different schools and is also Head Coach of Nottingham University Men’s hockey team. Outside of sport, Jamie is a big family and friends man; these support structures helped him greatly on his own hockey journey.
- 2015: Beeston and Scotland number 1, EHL 2nd round, European B Championship Bronze Medallist and 50th cap for Scotland
- 2014: Member of Scotland Commonwealth Games Squad (Glasgow, Scotland)
- 2013: No 1 Scottish GK at European B championship
- 2011: European B Championship Bronze Medallist
- 2010: Member of Scotland Commonwealth Games Squad (Delhi, India).
- 2009: First Senior Cap
- 2003-08: 29 Junior Caps for Scotland U16-U21 including two European A divisions as No 1